Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

It is on Father's Day that I marvel at my Dad's ability to put up with all of my shit!  Wow, the things that I put this man through and the lack of gratitude that I showed him in my teenage years.  I never understood as a young child or a young adult how hard, disciplined and determined he needed to be in order to provide such a wonderful life for us.  My father has literally shown me the world through travel, education and love.

Now that I'm a parent and I understand the pressure, tension and desire to be a good parent I understand my father.  I can't go back and change decisions, actions or ideas that I used to share with the world, but I can move forward and create new understanding and gratitude.  On a day like today I wish that I could hug my father in person, rather than virtually.

No comments:

Post a Comment