Friday, May 27, 2011

Small Steps Toward a Big Challenge!

As I thought about moving with vitality today I realized that my mood and temperament can be considered the biggest threat to my success and happiness.  I am easily pleased and easily displeased. I am sensitive towards energy, my physical body and the discomfort that I can feel. Discomfort varies day to day and it travels through different body parts, joints and actions. 
So today I concentrated on pedestrian movements and in particular those movements directly related to the comforts of something physical, my home.  As I tidied up, organized and scrubbed, the discomfort traveled with me from task to task.  My son and I had a brilliant lunch, put our feet up for about a half hour and then I realized a truth.  I felt emotionally ready for the task of body maintenance and I enjoyed the routine of stretches and bends.  I used gravity to continue to ground my muscles and my spirit.  So it wasn't a day for high energy or high spirits, but it was a day that I found some light and relief in the ordinary and the simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment