Thursday, May 26, 2011

It Began Long Ago and I Ignored

It was about 3 years ago that I officially stopped dancing and moving.  The money, time and new career that I had begun made it impossible to dance.  Well, the truth is I made it impossible.  I had exhausted my reserve and in the place of joy other elements of life slipped into my kineosphere.

The story comes full circle.  Six months ago I met a Feldenkrais teacher that would work on the neurology and I started to reconstruct.   First the spirit.  I started to assess all of the good and value that existed in my daily life.  I re-established contact with friends and began to share again the details of my life and the "truths of me".  

Two months ago I stepped back to the barre and that is where the journey continues.  The realization that a day not danced is a day not lived for me.  I'm a better mother, partner and friend now that I took the First Step again.

No comments:

Post a Comment